Sunday, January 18, 2009

Free #1: Classrooms and Technology Today




What happened to just physically turning in a paper?

Now we are doing most of our homework online and turning them in there and get graded for it. It's hard because technology has flaws and sometimes doesn't always work so when you e-mail homework and sometimes it doesnt go through completly, we are blamed because we can use the computers that well. Why should we really have to..... I mean my chemistry homework is all online and once upon a time chemistry was the most hands-on class where it was impossible to do homework on the computer. I just think we are lazy now. I might sound hypocritical now but the only reason why I have this computer is because I have to for college or else I FAIL. I just dont trust the dependency of technology and I hope to get a job one day where a robot doesn't take my place. We are having computers teach us now instead of teachers...... such as Baby Genius and Baby Einstein http://www.babyclassroom.com/baby-genius.html. Just wait till college education is runned by the same ideas that Baby Genius founders had.

1 comment:

  1. Ha. Good response, although you don't really do the assignment. No summary or elaboration of an idea.

    Regarding your point, though: I get it -- that's for sure. But: The reality is you'll be using a computer and the internet and new forms of internet-based media in WHATEVER job you get, so it's time to get over it -- and get on it. I hope our doing these blogs for homework help toward that.

    ReplyDelete