Sunday, January 18, 2009

HW #1: PLAY article


So basically here's this article boiled down:

A new era in PLAY by Reed Karaim

Researchers today elaborate on whether or not todays' era of technology is healthy for children and experts discuss the advantages and what has been lost over generations. Pro's and con's on this experiment are defended as well as concerns and how to solve these problems towards video games, television, cell phones, etc. which are stated. This article involves quotes and statistics from authoritative sources and professors.


Elaborated idea of article:

Mainly my idea is the fact and the emotion I got from this. I hate how we, the people, have fallen into production of technology that is distruction to our own human body for money because money is what we need to survive now a days. The imagination is easily spurred which I believe is caused because majority of people are visual learners and hands on... so both fall into action on this but whats the difference of this and going outside to play and explore there. I can recall most of my imagination when I was younger by the experiences I had hands on with friends, and I could say each one was bad ass... but when your a kid who plays video games and grows up, the imagination seems to become dull because they are not real world events that we can experience for ourselfs. So, majority of your life minus the tv, phone, video games even school now would show that we sit indoors most our lives away from what mother nature has to offer us! I cant imagine being older and saying, "I played video games".... and playing video games, tv, or anything was the gist of all you did in a nutshell. Rather, I would love to say, "I (literally) blew that car up in real life!"

Everything is given to us on a platter now and nothing is earned or respected. Here's a teacher whose noticed it too.



Example: x-box live.... Why dont you just call the person up and hang out to go do something instead of talk to them through the microphone.. Soon you will forget what your friend looks like sitting there.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I see -- the homework is here.

    A good effort:

    But, you summary talks about what KIND of stuff is in the article, rather than summarizing the info and facts. Try to hit on specifics.

    And good elaboration -- I'm sure with you on that one. Your link doesn't work, though.

    ReplyDelete