Monday, January 26, 2009

Free #3 Stock Show



This weekend I went to the National Western Stock Show, 2009 with my good friend Eric, my sister Penny, and her husband Manny. It was really cool to experience the things I enjoy the most in life. The show involved so many rodeo and stock events you could spend hours walking around unable to see it all. Stands and booths were set up based around country comfort. Tim Shirley competed in the final events alongside many well known names in the rodeo industry. There was many animals there and chickens that looked like they had afro's for some reason. Ha Ha. My favorite thing about the stock show is watching people do the things that they love the most and pursuing thier passions. If it is a dream then go far thats why I wrote about this. Deep down I wish I could be there one day too, I would fit in. I barrel race and unfortuanately can not at the time being but hope to pick it up soon again.

(Me at a barrel race when I was younger in Salida.)

Video of some of the rodeo this year for 2009 (not finals) in Denver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywj5dsHH4JU

1 comment:

  1. Your free blogs should be media related rather than just personal or about anything. If you want to write personal posts, you should by all means start a personal blog.

    Perhaps look at how the media covers or portrays the stock show, and see how that compares with your personal experience.

    ReplyDelete