Thursday, January 22, 2009

Free #2 : Trends


I am finding more and more each day that people begin to have relationship troubles around this time. Everybody I know (at least 9 couples) have broken up within this last month. Including myself and I was pracically in a happy 4 year relationship but my question to this trend is why are we doing it? And why is it the girls doing it and taking this dominant role? For some reason I think it is a phase just like when a big group of girls live together they tend to ovulate together so the clinic at Fort Lewis says (sorry to be detailed).
But as an observant detail, more of my question to it is... "Why the hell is mass communications so precise on this stuff?" For some reason I had a friend show me an article out of Cosmopolitan or other chick magazines describing for specifically this month what happens and it seems like they are phsycic or something.
They get thir information from who? who is thier sources but celebs and such and why do people tend to get attached to this stuff like its thier bible? I have found that I think alot of thier facts come from internet polls and sociologists that are all about the gossip. Such as this quiz....





How do people get sucked into this stuff? Is it to find thier real selves of what they are about??? It is like taking an interest survery to figure out your major in life. This stuff tells us what to believe. This website shows just how people can take atvantage of the media to seduce others.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm ... an interesting idea, although I don't quite follow your point clearly.

    ReplyDelete